Please consider that the company has to make adequate plans in your absence and none of us want the company to suffer, hence we need to set some fair rules and boundaries. The company encourages leave and rest for its employees, and it is very important to us that you take your leave. All attachments can be found on this page under the attachments section.
Process on how to submit Leave applications
- Leave must be applied for at least 30 days in advance (This needs to be done in person)
- Leave needs to be filled out and submitted to your line manager on the company approved leave form
- Leave forms need to be filled out digitally
- Leave will be approved at the discretion of management
- In certain emergency circumstances, leave can be applied for at a shorter notice and will be subject to management discretion
- All leave needs to be submitted in the following order
- Leave form filled out and signed off by your line manager
- Approved and signed off by the MD
- Send the leave form via Slack to your Manager and MD
- Submit on Simplepay
- Confirm with the MD or HR that your simplepay has been processed and is showing approved (You need to do this in person and make sure it'was done)
- You may now go on leave once all these have been completed
If you feel like your manager has unfairly declined your leave you're more than welcome to come and talk to the MD about this.
Annual Leave Entitlement
- Your Annual leave entitlement will be 15 (Fifteen) working days per annum.
- The annual leave cycle starts on the day the employee starts work.
- Leave may only be taken at a time or times convenient to the company.
- Leave must be applied for at least 30 days in advance.
- The company may require you to take annual leave at a specific period during the year or at a mutually convenient time, after approval by management.
- Applications for annual leave will be submitted on the online leave application system and approved with consideration of the operational requirements of the business.
- The employee is obliged to take leave during any period of closure of business.
- The employee may not accumulate more than 20 (twenty) days leave at any given time.
- Upon termination of employment, the employee will be entitled to be paid out in respect of any accrued leave up to a maximum of 15 days.
- During the initial 6 months (or less) that you render services, you are entitled to one days' paid sick leave for every 26 days worked. Should this contract endure for a period in excess of 6 months, during each cycle of 36 months of employment, you are entitled to an amount of paid sick leave equal to the number of days that he/she would normally work during a 6 week period.
- You are only entitled to sick leave in the event that sickness or injury require the employee to be absent from work.
- You must procure a doctor's certificate in the event that you are absent for 2 or more consecutive days or on any day preceding or succeeding a day on which you are not ordinarily required to work.
Other Forms of Leave
- Maternity leave and family responsibility leave will be granted to an employee in accordance with the Basic Conditions of Employment Act at the time of such leave being requested.